I should start by mentioning that I have NEVER been a runner in my ENTIRE life!
I used EVERY excuse in the book to get out of running the mile in middle school...
I Played tennis all through high school, but we might have run around the track once for warm ups. Not much running involved in that. Lots of hopping and arm swinging.
If I have ever run in my life it was maybe 15 minutes of running & walking ONLY.
Out of the Blue I have Tanya suggest we "run a 5K"?!!! I am thinking are you out of your mind?! :)
Neither of us are "proclaimed runners".....kickboxing pros....but NOT runners!
So of course I dont turn much down.....and I was up for the challenge.
Starting out we would run 1 minute, walk 1 minute...this went on for a few weeks off and on..
yes, all you runners can laugh your heads off at that :) but we were only getting started :)
We have spent the last 3 months off and on running around the park by our house...mostly talking (if we are getting out of the house all we want to do is talk...so we finally learned to multi task while excercising) ....
well apparently its paid off!
We signed up (along with a bunch of you) for the Disneyland 5K on Labor day weekend......with only 6 weeks ahead we decided to push ourselves this last week......if you dont run it in under 45 minutes YOU DONT GET A MEDAL AND THEY TAKE YOU OUT OF THE RACE ON A GOLF CART! PUBLIC HUMILIATION DISNEY STYLE!! I HAVE TO FINISH IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO :)
BUT I RAN FOR 30 MINUTES STRAIGHT!!
NEVER in my life have I EVER done that.
A HUGE GOAL for me has been accomplished!!!
I had probably run about 2.5 miles in 30 minutes when my legs began slowly shutting down... :)
I AM A RUNNER ! hahahaha.
At least until the 5K is over and I have the medal around my neck!




7 comments:
I ditto that running is boring. It dont mind when theres a soccer ball involved. I have had a hard time going for a jog. Even though i know i should. GOOD for you! Good luck in your race!
I am soo bummed...I just went to sign up for that and it is all full!
Good on you for running...it sucks while you are doing it, but after you feel so good, huh? I love running, but I am sure my knees won't thank me when I am 80!
Have a great day!
xoxo
Tonya
Craig and I made it for 12 minutes! Woo Hoo! :)
GOOD JOB! I can TOTALLY relate to the non-runner part. I have never been able to run for more than a few minutes. I hope you guys are still going strong after this baby....I need a good free exercise program...but more importantly, someone to talk to. \"/
Nice job on 30. I also (the non runner myself) will be joining you guys in the Disney 5K. I just got back this morning from running for 30 minutes...it's hard work for me. We will feel so good when it's all over.
That's awesome! Although I spend a lot of time at the gym, running is also not my thing! I need to get working on it though or it's going to be the golf cart for me!
Post a Comment