Wednesday, October 8, 2008

10 years......

10 years ago tomorrow...
My "Papa" left this Earth and returned back to our Father in Heaven.
I just wanted to "pay tribute" since it seems so short but then again 10 years seems SO LONG.
He was the most wonderful father, who thought of us kids first and we KNEW that!
We were blessed to have him in our lives for the very short time we had as kids.
I had just graduated high school .
This is him and I at a daddy daughter Girl Scout Hoe down....Im sure he was "thrilled" to be going :)
I love this picture. Its my "life" as I knew it, on a boat in the ocean. I really didnt know any different. Its where we had most of our traditions and family memories.
We all have the face of "just smile and wave....dont tell mom what we were just up to" :)
He would leave us notes in the morning before he left for work. This is one of the last ones he had left and I just found it in my box and im REALLY glad I saved it. Just holding onto a paper he wrote on is priceless. even if it does have this scary Realtor on it :) Im honestly suprised she doesnt have a moustache drawn on her :)
Our Guardian angel from now until eternity.....
As Paige says, We love you Papa Steve "all the way to heaven and back".


10 comments:

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Your post got me all misty eyed. You should really go for the bangs and unbrushed hair again, it's dashing.

Tonya said...

such a sweet post...thanks for sharing your Dad with us...

xoxo

Tonya

Nora's world said...

Thanks for making me cry in my Cheerios.

Herlehy Family said...

Thanks for sharing your memories of your Dad with us...it sounds like he was a great man and father.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...how we loved your dad so much! He was the best, i mean to say and shout out loud THE BEST HOME TEACHER any family could ever be blessed with!
He was our Home Teacher for 10 Years! Thats a record I hear in the church. The very last time he home taught us, (one month before he passed away) he came over to give us another one of his outstanding lessons, he paused right next to our big picture of the San Diego Temple that we have on our wall and said to us..."That is the Temple Me and Bonnie will be sealed in, along with all our kids one day!"
He came to visit each of our kids on their birthdays for 10 years! He left a ( uh oh here i go...crying at the memory) One christmas he left an envelope on my car windshield that said Merry Christmas on it,..inside was $500 for our family to buy christmas presents and a beautiful Christmas Dinner! (Bob had lost his job and we lost our home, but your dad was always there) He left no signature on it, but little did he know, I was upstairs in Emily's room and I saw him do that outside her window. I saw him and his car as he drove away. That was the kind of Man he was....He did things without saying a word.
He has left an impression on our family and my childrens lives that we will never forget.
I love your Dad....and MOM TOO!!
xo xo xo

Michelle Nguyen said...

Sara, your dad is sooo cute! I have heard so many great things about him, I know he was such an amazing person! I love all your pictures! You guys had so much fun! Thanks for showing us those!

Unknown said...

Way to go! I really enjoyed that. I waited all day to check it because now I'm going to go take about 10 ADVILS, a diet PEPSIE and go to bed. We all love your dad so much and think about him all the time!! TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!! CARRY ON! Thanks for sharing! We love all you guys! Love, RixChix

Joanna said...

I enjoyed your post. Thanks for sharing that.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

It has been a while since I stopped in.

Having just lost my Mom to cancer nearly 6 months ago, I can relate to the loss of a parent. It's rough and it's amazing what items become priceless. Knowing her battle with cancer would eventually end, I had kept a voice-mail she left me nearly 2 years ago. I replay it when I want to hear her voice and hear those sweet words, "I love you very much..."

maren said...

that was really nice sara. my dad passed away just over 4 years ago so i can relate. doesn't seem fair, huh? he seemed like a great person.