Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Life changes.....

Some of you may have heard that Craig was "laid off" of his job last Monday. He called at lunch time and said "I just got laid off" and the first thing that went through my head was "tomorrow is April fools Day-hes a day off!" :) But NO he was on his way home(along with about 30 other employees)......and things have been completely flipped around. After all the dust settled we began to feel like it is all going to work out just fine!
He has decided to just go ahead and work for himself doing Design and Drafting for anyone who needs building plans, home remodels, home additions & be a licensed Architect by Mid summer!
(WHich was his plan anyways, KB Home just threw him into it head first)
So, Im putting out the word so that if you know anyone who is in need of his services please pass along his name - we would REALLY appreciate it.

4 comments:

Kim L. said...

WOAH! Are you guys going to be ok in the mean time? That is SO crazy and SCARY! I am so sorry. Let us know if there is anything we can do besides referring business.

Stacy said...

THAT IS NOT FUN! I cant believe they did that. They just laid 2 people off at my job. I am afraid after awhile I might be next. Hopefully he can find some work.

Joanna said...

Our thoughts are with you at this time. I've heard that this is happening a lot. I can't believe they wouldn't give him any notice- that is crazy!

Jayne said...

so sorry to hear about the job layoff. it's scary, but I"m sure you guys can be really thrifty and work it out!

jayne