Today is 11 years since my Papa was taken back to live in heaven.
Hard to believe another year has gone by.
On wednesday we were driving and out of nowhere Paige asked when we could go and visit the place where Papa Steve was in the ground. I took them out last year and I was thinking of taking them out sometime this week but didnt know if we had time. Yesterday we were heading out to OC so I thought it would be perfect to stop by.
Our tradition of making pictures for him and putting bird seed on his headstone to draw the "birds"?! I dont know but the kids like it so thats fine :)
Watching a rolly pollie crawl around. Trying to keep Mason from smooshing it which is his first reaction for bugs :)
We try and talk a lot about Papa Steve to the kids. Teaching them about his life is really important to me and Craig also. We definately know he watches over us. Mason seemed to LOVE being there. When we got out of the car he ran towards the headstones saying "papa, papa, papa". I thought.....does he really know what we are doing?!
I think he does. He didnt want to leave either. He kept waving and saying "bye papa" over and over. I know our young kids know more and see more than we can and he may remember more of his Grandpa than I think he does. Pretty special.






3 comments:
That post brought tears to my eyes, it is AMAZING how thin the vail can be at times. Hold tight to those special memories of your Dad and keep sharing them with your kids.
They really are never very far away, and I am grateful for that. When I took the girls to their grandfather's grave last week (who they never got to meet) I had the feeling that they already knew each other.
And I am totally stealing your painting idea. :)
I loved your pictures Sara, and your words even more. I thought about you yesterday,....even saw your mom in Albertsons, she looked so great, so happy and so healthy.
Its amazing how Mason took to going to the grave sight, Im sure he knows Papa very well indeed.
I miss your Dad too, he was the best home teacher any family could ever have. We havent had one since he passed away. No one could top him.
Love to all you Watsons.
xoxoxo
Post a Comment