Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our $6.00 Work bench.

My handyman has been dying for a work bench in his garage since the day we got married (and didnt have a garage).
Back then I took a small rubber storage container and glued a piece of wood to the top so he could put his tools inside and have a small table to work on whatever he could find in our 1 bedroom apartment. Now that we have our Garage hes been trying to find a way to find a cheap work bench, build one or just wait until he can decorate his garage like his KINGDOM! :)
On his lunch hour one day (yes, home depot is his "Target") He found these metal brackets that come in a kit on sale FOR $1.00 !!!! (the kit is normally $30)
We redeemed our American Express points for Home depot gift cards ( i was dreaming they would go to potterybarn or something:) ) to buy the wood....
So, This little baby cost 1.00 plus a box of nails for $5 for a GRAND TOTAL of $6.00!!
The kids enjoyed hanging in the cage for a while. Which kept mason from eating all the SAWDUST!


Isnt she purty?! :)

Great job craig!
I STILL dont understand how when you cut the wood it actually all fits together how it should. My brain couldnt focus that well.....
Im glad you finally have your workbench that is so high I would never think of using it :)
XXOO



5 comments:

Tyler Jorgenson said...

I'll buy it from you for $10. That's a pretty sweet profit... you should do it.

Kim L. said...

Impressive. Now come build one for us.\"/

Herlehy Family said...

That looks great! I love the picture of the kids happy in the crib...very impressive.

Amy Oney said...

That is awesome!!! And sara I totally agree with you....I NEVER can figure out how they cut up all these pieces of wood and then poof! they all fit together....it's like magic that I totally don't get :)

Joanna said...

Nice work Craig!