Sunday, January 27, 2008

Garth!!

Saturday night we went to one of the Garth Brooks concerts at Staples center. It was so much fun! He gave 5 concerts and raised 10 million dollars for the So Cal Fire departments!!! I wish this type of thing was done more often....if people just paid $50 per seat for a great concert and raise that type of money in a weekend......so many different charities/people around the world could benefit! We ended up with some great seats! Hes so fun and I love his music...after each song he would just stand there and take in the applause....he acts like he cant believe that people even come to hear him sing....











This was pretty much our view of him throughout most the concert......i wish someone would post a picture of me at this angle on their blog someday too :)









Singing with his woman....




SO....then after a 2 hour show he leaves and of course we all know hell come back out...so keep cheering and just wait....and he comes out and starts a story about a girl who is working concessions at Staples center and she was on her break backstage and starts talking with him.....and so watch the 2nd video below....and then he ends the song....and brings her back out on center stage and says watch this...and has everyone take out their cameras and take a picture of them on the count of 3. It was a flash paparazzi/red carpet moment that you would dream about having just once in your life. So fun! and then he precedes to give her something else (watch the 2nd video). I thought it was so cute to see this girl who sells popcorn to get a chance and a moment like that-that all of us will probably never experience. He was sooooo wonderful to her and I'm sure a moment like that for her was pretty impressive!!! I was so happy for her :)


Watch this one second......



Watch this one first......


6 comments:

Tanya said...

So fun! I am just going to send people to your blog for my comments about the concert because you said everything I was going to say. Thanks for arranging everything!

Stacy said...

I am SO jealous! I wanted to go to that concert so bad. Well, it looks like it was a lot of fun. I really want to see him in concert.

Tyler Jorgenson said...

That was a blast. Maybe next time we can catch Kiki's while it's still open.

Trisha said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! And what great pictures you have!!!

Kinsie said...

Wow...that looks like a lot of fun! I've still never been to a concert :( Maybe one day...

Jayne said...

well, so fun for you all! next time garth comes to town let the mccooks know, we love Garth, we never hear about who is performing.