We happen to watch one of those STARS ON ICE shows on tv one night...and Paige fell in love with thier sparkly costumes instantly!
She thought it was like "dancing..only on ice instead".
Now, she was begging to take ice skating lessons...
I was not a fan...shes dancing 3 days a week already...and Its like the 'youll shoot your eye out' but i kept saying..' youll crack your head open" :)
Im always an encouraging mother....
SO FINALLY we took her to a rink that has a 'try day' for kids over 3 yrs old on Saturdays.
Well see what this ice skating stuff is all aboout....
she could hardly wait...and was all suited up to hang out in the freezing rink for an hour-I even made her wear her helmet :)
We werent really thinking..but as soon as we walked in...Mason was shouting "I ICE SKATE TOO I ICE SKATE TOO!" soooooo excited.....Craig and I just looked at each other like we need a solution to this or its gonna be a long 30 minute 'try it' lesson :)
Craig walked him up to the man behind the window and said 'hes here for the ice skating class'...and he handed him a pair of skates and he was good to go!!
Mason apparently passes for a 3 year old thank goodness...
and now i was thinking....HES GONNA CRACK HIS HEAD HES GONNA CRACK HIS HEAD! :)

They each held one hand of the instructor and SLID ALL OVER THE ICE...sliding..hanging like monkeys all over the place...pretty halarious.....but after a couple minutes they both got the hang of it...and even our watermelon headed child was having the time of his life!Mason could now "fall with style"...and did better than I thought he would..and even looked like he was actually skating and turning around! Awsome to watch!
Paiges dream of ice skating was now fullfilled....we told her it would be MANY years before she would be weearing the sequenced outfits on the ice...and she said she didnt need lessons anymore...she would just go ice skating with her Daddy when they felt like it!
I like that decision :)




1 comments:
Sounds like it was a successful ice skating adventure! Just think of all the money you will save now that Paige is satisfied with going skating with her Dad.
Post a Comment