Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial weekend

THIS is why we live in Southern California!
Saturday we headed down to Corona Del Mar to play at the beach all day!
The sun came out right as we were getting there - and it stayed amazing all day!
Perfect beach day.
Masons job was in the sand from the moment we got there! So glad my kids love the beach as much as I do! He ate half the sand there I swear!


Craigs routine:
1. Get out Sunblock 90 out of bag.
2. Sit on ice chest for balance. (this is going to be a long application process).
3. Pour half bottle of sunblock in hand.
4. Apply to stomach and arms.
5. apply to face and ears repeatedly. Do not stop until you are reflecting images of the beach on your forehead from the shine.
6. Apply to legs and feet, and each piggy toe-painful when burnt. Use daughters chair to place feet up on so sand does not stick to the freshly applied sunblock.
7. call wife over to apply other half of the bottle to back.
Pray she doesnt spell something out in sunblock like "i love my wife". (or leave handprints-happend once upon a time)
8. Get out spray sunblock and spray bald- I mean -top of the head.
9. Enjoy a full day in the sun and feel extremely proud of self when there is no red skin to be seen once you arrive home that night.
(by the time he has finished I have blocked up myself, and 2 kids! Im not kidding about this "process")



Hes spotted the water and we have now have a battle of wills on our hands :)
He won most the day-




Making her famous drip castles

The hot tub the craig and his dad dug for the kids (and a few "visitors).
Craigs parents joined us but were not fond of me taking thier picture in bathing suits so they are not found on here :)

Sand Goatee


Mason and his girlfriend Madeline Paige.
(My friend michelles little girl. )
He really is looking at her like "How are you doing my hunny?"
am i right or what?? :)

all that flirting wears on this little man. Take a rest !

We played until around 5:00. Mason lasted a long time without a nap....he kept laying his head down wherever it fell saying "nigh night"......

Such a fun day!
Cant wait to head back soon.

6 comments:

Kim L. said...

Hmmmm....the waves on that beach look much less threatening than the waves at the beach we went to the other day. I think we need to find a new beach. I was in PANIC mode the WHOLE time cause the waves were GINORMOUS and the riptide was like death...I just KNEW I was going to lose a child or 3 at any given second. Not my idea of a relaxing beach experience.

Herlehy Family said...

Looks like a fanatic day at the beach! I really wish we lived closer to a warm beach. Cute kids! I love the last photo of Mason putting his little head down on the towel.

Tanya said...

Now I want to go. Too fun!

TheHardyFamily said...

Looks like so much fun! You will have to tell me how to get to that spot. Totally understand about Craig's sunblock application too. Scott take just as long, I think it's their way of getting out of doing the kids! lol

Anonymous said...

Ok, that sunblock application story was soooo funny. I need to take notes to cover nash. I have missed his little fingers before, and it was so sad.

Anonymous said...

Craig says,"I call it liquid t-shirt."

Don't mock me, it works everytime. I have been burnt too many times in my 34 years.