Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fun fun weekend away!

We were lucky enough to get a 2 night hotel voucher from some friends & we used it to play in Oceanside this weekend.
We got to the hotel friday night and the kids were SO EXCITED!
The initiation of the hotel bed.....and the race to see who hits thier head or gets bounced to the floor first... MASON WON! :)
Ive always wanted to go down to see the Flower Fields in Carlsbad and we got our chance!
Love how bright these flowers are.
Its a little expensive but has a lot of things for kids, a maze, wagon rides, stamps to find at different places, and playground (that has old santas village playhouses in it)




She led the way out of the sweet pea maze. It smelled SOOOO GOOOD!!!



Looked a little bit like MUNCHKIN LAND.




It was really bright, starting to get hot, kids are tired...hungry...u see where im going with this? :)





































Paige is always up for some picture posing.

I have pictures with my bro and sisters in this same playhouse at Santas Village , so it was kinda cool to get thier pictures in there too
Anyoone else go to Santas village growing up????





Then we headed down to the Pier. It was getting cold, but we toughed it out.


Mason testing out the sand....is this edible?? He decided NOT.
So he then raced to the 40 degree ocean water :)
He wanted to dive in and go for a swim. I have my hands full this summer!
Soaking wet....head to toe.





Time for some Rubys on the pier. The balloon man made this Ariel for Paige. She was thrilled with it. I was a little unsure :)
We spent a couple hours at our table in RUBYS. We had ocean view. Enjoyed hamburgers , onion rings & Sodas. Then a hot fudge Brownie sunday while the sun set.....
I LOVE VACATIONS :)

3 comments:

Kim L. said...

FUN!!!! Mason is in that "fun" age where you get to play chase for hours on end. Somehow, I am ALWAYS pregnant during that "wonderful" age with ZERO chasing energy....so I lock myself and my family up for a few months until they grow out of it.\"/ have fun!

Herlehy Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love the beautiful flowers.

Rachel Garces said...

Hey I'm wondering if ariels "breast" region isn't a little large. maybe she had a boob job too. Looks like you guys had a great time. I LOVE those kinds of getaways.