Thursday, August 7, 2008

Summer Traditions.

SO we just got home from our yearly week at San Elijo State beach in San diego.
As much as I hate camping and all that goes with it-this week of camping is always a blast.
Craig could only go to set us up and stay one day, and he was back to work so I braved it alone for 4 days with the kiddos and about 20 cousins, aunts,uncles & grandparents.
Hot breakfasts, yummy dinners, Slurpee runs, Morning beach walks, card games, laughing till midnight, "dank funk", squirell hunting, sun kissed faces, Air mattress surfing, lounging, reading old magazines, Lego land, (THE LAST HOUR THAT LEGO LAND IS OPEN IS FREE TO GET IN-even parking- WE HAD SO MUCH FUN! I;m trying to figure a way to go all day again without paying the $50-stay tuned),



Craig and his Fabulous potato gun-

Every year its some new experiment for him :)

Last year he tried the "diet coke & mentos" to his detriment and constant reminders from the family...this year he set up the tent and ran out to home depot to make his potato gun-

they had fun shooting potatoes at the cliffs-

I wasnt quite sure how safe it was considering they were using hair spray and a lighter :)


A couple cousins got the last Twighlight book the night before, and Ricki couldnt put it down - apparently I am the ONLY one who hasnt read a word of these books. It just may end up staying that way :)

Go paigie!


Craig learning to surf-(see video below)
It was the first time in YEARS I have gone out and "played" in the water.

I DO NOT do cold ocean water very well .... :) or water with "staph" warnings going on...

but this year the water was clear and really warm so I had tons of fun on tubes and air mattresses with the fam.
The zinka triplets!

Were all SHOCKED that hes coming out with a fish!
KING FISHER himself!

Then they went ahead and cleaned it up to cook on the grill that night.
Wasnt too bad.
Night games on the beach.
No net volleyball and over the line.

Doesnt really matter what we play-its always a blast!


We went up the road to Elizabethan Desserts in Encinitas to try these cupcakes.
IT WAS SO WORTH IT!

We tried the red velvet, some kind of banana one, German chocolate, peanut butter, & passion fruit.

If you are ever in the area, the passion fruit was probably the best I've ever tasted.






Now were all meeting back up tomorrow-

This time were in a HOTEL on the beach! :)

PS MASON GOT HIS 1st TOOTH!

6 comments:

Nora's world said...

Please tell me how you manage to get reservations for that many people at the beach in the middle of the summer. I can't even get a couple of sites together in OCTOBER! Does someone stay up until midnight? Is that really the only way?

Tanya said...

So fun! You have such a fun family. So I feel challenged to master a Passion Fruit (?) cupcake.

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Nice surfing Craiger.

Hangin with the Burke's said...

I love the pictures and I can't believe how big Mason is getting we need to get together.

Kris said...

Oh I am jealous. I want to go to the beach so bad! Utah weather is already starting to change and getting a little colder. :( Oh and Sara you must read the Twilight books, you won't regret it! :) Oh but make sure you have days to ignore housework, cooking, showering, eating and hire a babysitter, because you get obsessed & can't put the books down. :)

Lisa said...

What a fun time! I'm also going to Albertson's at midnight (it's Sunday) to get some Lemi-shine!